I was thinking of a reward to encourage paladins to do the Charger questline anyways, and it occurred to me that it would make a good Achievement. And then I thought we could take it a little further. What if there was an Achievement for each class, with the reward being a title, and each Achievement required a whole bunch of requirements that really represented the class as a whole. And of course, completing the Achievement nets you a very nice class-specific title.
For example, for the Alliance Paladins, I would have requirements like :
- Completing the Redemption questline
- Obtaining Verigan's Fist
- Rescuing the Charger from Deathknight Darkreaver
- Completing Tirion Fordring's questline in EPL
- Do that level 50 quest, and the one involving Uther's Tomb
- Exalted with the Argent Dawn
- Exalted with the Argent Crusade
- Probably some other paladin-ish questline in Wrath
- Clear all the 5-man dungeons which involve the Scourge (including Razorfen Downs!)
Completing this Achievement would be a good way of handing out a title like "Knight of the Silver Hand" or "Blood Knight" for the Blood Elves. (Obviously the Blood Elves would have a few different quests than Alliance.)
You could do something similar for all classes. For warlocks, you could require the charger questline, the various demon questlines (including the infernal and doomguard). Druids would require Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition rep. I wouldn't require anything from raids or heroics though, which is kind of sad as it rules out Benediction and and Rhok'delar for priests and hunters. But I think this achievement would be something that would interest a lot of casual players, and should be involved, but accessible.
Heh, I'll issue a challenge to the other classes to list what would be a good set of requirements for their class (either in the comments, or on your own site).