- Holy can only Judge Light or Wisdom from range.
- Protection cannot share a Judgement with another spec because Judgements of the Just will be lost.*
- The maximum amount of healing from Light comes from Retribution.
- Wisdom and Justice have the same effect regardless of which paladin Judges it.
- Wisdom increases the DPS of the raid by allowing DPS to spend more time in full burn mode.
- Justice generally does nothing useful.
Solution 1: Ret judges Light, Holy judges Wisdom, Protection judges Justice
Pros: Maximizes healing from Light; no interference with Judgements of the Just
Cons: Relies on Holy to keep Wisdom up, Holy has to judge at least once every 20 seconds, does not guarantee 100% uptime on Wisdom
Solution 2: Ret judges Wisdom, Holy judges Light, Protection judges Justice.
Pros: 100% uptime on Wisdom; no interference with Judgements of the Just
Cons: Much lower passive healing from Light
Solution 3: Ret judges Light, Holy judges Light, Protection judges Wisdom
Pros: 100% uptime on Wisdom; no interference with JotJ; Holy spends the minimum amount of time judging possible
Cons: Slightly less than maximum heal from Light possible; if Protection is not tanking the focused mob, Wisdom is not helping the bulk of the raid.
Personally, I like Solution 2. It maximizes DPS, and leaves healing in the hands of the healers. Large amounts of passive healing is very helpful, but can be compensated for by direct heals. In my mind, ensuring maximum DPS is more likely to win the fight for you than extra undirected healing.
However, there are other opinions. Ferraro argues for Solution 1, insisting that it is not very hard for a Holy paladin to have 100% uptime on Wisdom. I'm skeptical of that claim, especially as the fights get harder. If something goes wrong, Judging is the first thing to be dropped by a Holy paladin, in favor of spamming heals.
Solution 3 is pretty good, but if you don't have a Protection paladin, you end up having to go back to the Light/Wisdom debate. As well, if the Protection paladin is off tanking her own mob in a corner, then the raid doesn't get the benefit of her Judgement.