Perhaps it's a side-effect of Transmogrification, but Blizzard artists seem to be more willing to make "polarizing" sets with Tier 13. If you look at the reaction to the shaman and mage sets in particular, half the audience is "best set ever!" and the other half is "worst set ever!".
For the paladin set, I rather like it. It's been a while since we got a "knight in shining armor" set. Amusingly, if the paladin pops Avenging Wrath, she will seem to have six wings like a seraph.
I'm not sure I'd put it in the very top tier of paladin sets (T2 and T6) but it's definitely above average, and in the next group of sets.
One other nice thing about Transmogrification is that Ret and Prot paladins will be able to change their boots and belt to match the tier set.
The set bonuses have also been revealed:
- Holy, 2P -- After using Divine Favor, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec.
- Holy, 4P -- Increases the healing done by your Holy Radiance spell by 20%.
- Protection, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also grants a physical absorb shield equal to 30% of the damage it dealt.
- Protection, 4P -- Reduces the cooldown of Divine Guardian by 60 sec and increases the radius of its effect by 70 yards.
- Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability has a 50% chance to generate 1 Holy Power.
- Retribution, 4P -- While Zealotry is active your abilities deal 12% more damage.