From the patch notes:
Draenor Perks is a new feature that adds rewards for leveling. Over levels 91 to 99, you will earn these 9 new Draenor Perk in a random order. Each class and specialization has a different set of 9 Draenor Perks.The perks for Holy Paladins are:
- Empowered Beacon of Light - Your single-target heals heal your Beacon of Light target for 10% more.
- Improved Daybreak - Increases the healing from Daybreak by 100%.
- Improved Holy Light - Increases the healing from Holy Light by 20%.
- Improved Denounce - Increases the damage done by Denounce by 20%.
- Empowered Holy Shock - Increases the damage done by Holy Shock by 20%.
- Enhanced Holy Shock - Your Holy Light and Flash of Light have a 10% chance to cause your next Holy Shock to not trigger a cooldown.
- Improved Flash of Light - Increases the healing Flash of Light by 20%.
As you can see, these are small passives that boost your abilities. Something to make up for missing talents while leveling. Something you gain at each level. Yet at max level, every character will have all the perks.
The only problem I have is with the fact that the perks will be given out randomly. I don't think this is a good idea. It will lead to more disappointment.
To see what I mean, imagine you are a masochist and leveling as Holy during the expac. You look at the perks at level 90, and you really hope that you get Improved Denounce or Empowered Holy Shock at 91, as those two will greatly help with questing. However, you only have a 2/9 or 22% chance of getting what you want. 88% of the time, you will be disappointed.
Randomness is not a good idea for one-time rewards. Imagine that there is a quest which rewarded 1 of 3 different mounts. But the mount a player gets is randomly determined from those three. There would be great unhappiness, as 66% of the population would not get the mount they wanted.
Another example happened to me in Diablo 3 a couple days ago. The first time you kill the last boss in D3, you are guaranteed a Legendary. I got an amazing staff, with 50% more DPS than my current weapon, gobs of intellect, and two other much-desired stats. Unfortunately, I was playing a Crusader.
(At least my Enchantress follower is happy. On paper she now does twice as much damage as my Crusader.)
The same principle was involved. A one-time reward was determined randomly, and the potential for disappointment was higher because of it. Randomness really only works when content is repeatable.
Blizzard should either allow us to choose which perk we get as we level, or give out the perks in a set order. The perks are not an appropriate place for randomness. People will end up associating Draenor Perks with disappointment. It is very unlikely that they will be lucky enough to get the Perks they want when they want them.