- Initial questing - I thought all the initial zones were very well done, and quite interesting.
- The Pandaren - Everyone expected a joke race, but the pandaren turned out surprising well.
- Patch 5.1 - I really like the way the story was woven into the dailies in this patch.
- Thunder Isle - Another good zone.
- All Raid Instances - All the raids were pretty well done, I thought. There were no tiers that were distinctly disliked.
- Flexible Raiding - An outstanding innovation.
- Legendary Questline - I really liked this questline, and how it worked over the course of the expansion.
- The Farm - I really enjoyed building the farm and those series of quests and dailies.
The Mushy Middle:
- Dailies - I know that a lot of people would put this in the bad column, but I think that is excessive. The dailies were very optional, in my mind, and were fairly fun to do if you did a faction at a time or so.
- The Isle of Time - I didn't really like this zone, but it seemed like a lot of other people did. I just prefer zones with stories, rather than random wandering around. Basically, if I wanted self-directed gameplay, I'd play Eve or another sandbox.
- Pacing - Each of the early patches should have had an extra month, and the last patch should have been a couple of months shorter. The length of time Siege of Ogrimmar was current was way too long.
- Spoiling the End Boss - I think the biggest mistake Blizzard made was revealing Garrosh as the end boss before the expansion even began. They should have done their best to keep it a secret until 5.3/5.4. I think revealing it so early caused people to overlook Pandaria itself, instead focusing on the ultimate end.
- Excessive Focus on the Horde- Orcs, trolls, orcs. This expansion was too focused on the Horde side. There is a whole other faction, Blizzard.
There was a lot of stuff I didn't try this expansion. I didn't do any challenge mode dungeons, or any raiding other than LFR. Basically, I was super casual. But the Pandaria core of the expansion was lots of fun. However, the pacing and later focus on the Horde weakened the overall experience.