Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Classic Name Reservation

My guild has decided to go Horde for Classic. We are making characters on Atiesh, one of the North American PST PvE servers. I think most people in the guild will be treating their Classic characters like an alt on retail

I jumped on and reserved three names on Atiesh. I'm not sure if they really fit Horde characters, though.

Going Horde immediately solved the dilemma of playing a paladin or not. It's simply not an option for Horde. Now, however, I have no idea what I want to play. I'm thinking about an Undead Priest, an Orc Warrior, a Tauren Druid, or maybe an Undead Mage. Or maybe a Rogue of some sort.

I am ruling out Hunters, Warlocks, or Shaman. I'm leaning against dealing with ammo, soul shards, and pets. And Shaman, seems to much like the same problems as Paladins. Though now that I am writing things down, maybe it would be nice to play one of these classes.

Heh, in some ways it would have been easier if we had gone Alliance. I probably would have just ended up with my default of Human Paladin.

6 comments:

  1. I am generally curious if the class thoughts align with the fact that they are single spec. Leveling a priest was a darn nightmare in vanilla, since the DPS spec was atrocious. I know some bits were "balanced" by 1.12 but it really wasn't until mid-BC that multi-spec was actually viable. Hybrid tax and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not going to tilt at windmills in Classic. For group play I'm just assuming that Warriors will tank, Priests/Druids/Paladins/Shaman will heal, and everyone else will do damage.

      But I haven't decided what role I want to main either, which doesn't help.

      Delete
  2. My characters will absolutely be alts to the other characters I have floating around. It's such a different rule set, though. I'm certain I'll do what I always do, create a character of each class and see how they play. I don't plan to play the "required to win" classes if they aren't something I'd normally choose. Characters like that never get any play time. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I did create a bunch of different classes during Beta. It didn't really help me make a decision.

      Delete
  3. Most people I know that are going to play classic aren't interested in retail at all (me included). All I'm doing in retail is pet battle - I can't be bothered to try to figure out other things to do in retail. I never picked up BfA and I've been unsubbed for a while, only resubbed early to reserve names and have a quick poke around on the latest stress test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the EXACT same position as you. If we choose Alliance, I would go paladin without question. But since my guild decided on horde, I'm still trying to decide (I even am leaning toward warrior or druid).

    ReplyDelete