Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Updates, Back To WoW

It's been a long time since I last posted. No real reason why, I just fell out of the habit. I really should make more of an effort to post on a consistent schedule. Maybe I'll try to designate a specific time to write.

How is everyone doing with the coronavirus? Here it is very quiet. Many things are closed, all restaurants are take-out only. Many people are working from home. I've been working from home for the last little while, occasionally going into the office to fix problems.

Gaming-wise, I started playing World of Warcraft again. Yeah, probably not the best of decisions, but I really missed raiding with my guild.

I'm also playing a bit of Wolcen. I played through the story in offline mode, using a sword-and-shield tank character. Then I played through it with a friend in online mode, this time using an elemental mage.

I dip into Final Fantasy XIV every now and again, mostly to see the new content.

The final game I'm playing is the Control DLC, Foundation, which was just released on the weekend. I've just started on it, but so far it's great, and has everything which made the original Control such a great game.

I also ended up not renewing the EA Access subscription. I tried Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which turned out to be the type of game that I am really, really bad at. I just could not beat the second boss, so I gave up on it. There wasn't anything else I was really interested in, so I stopped the subscription. However, I still think it was good value for the money. If EA releases another new game that I am interested in, I anticipate signing up again.

Hopefully everything is going well with all of you in this unusual time.

4 comments:

  1. We're surviving over here in the Midwest.

    My wife works at Target, so I get to hear firsthand some of the insanity surrounding the hoarding going on, but so far nobody we know has directly been impacted by the virus. I'm sure that'll change, but it might take a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I haven't been to a store other than the grocery store in the last month or so.

      Yeah, I don't know anyone directly impacted by the virus either.

      Delete
  2. All’s well here for now, glad you’re holding up. Azeroth is always a good place to go when other travel is limited. Take care! Atheren

    ReplyDelete