Sunday, June 06, 2021

Updates

This move has really caused me to fall out of the habit of posting regularly. Not that I was doing a great job before, but still.

Life is a little weird at the moment. I'm still working on Pacific time with my current company, so that's really 12 noon - 8 pm. Ontario is also still locked down, so the grocery stores close at 8, and most other stores are not open. So mornings are my time to get non-work chores done.

I'm also still raiding with my guild, which means 10 pm to 1 am on a couple nights.

Gaming-wise, nothing much is going on. I'm actually trying to avoid playing new games, as I have a couple other side-projects I want to finish. I'm just adding games to my Steam wishlist, and hopefully I'll remember about them in a couple of months.

I also feel like I missed some important news in the MMO space. Crowfall is coming out next month, which I found out about through a Kickstarter backer email. Then I went over to /r/mmorpg on Reddit--usually a mistake--and everyone there is claiming that it is a mistake to launch at the same time as so many other launches. (In addition to pronouncing the game dead-on-arrival, which is normal for that subreddit.)

I thought we were in an MMO drought? Where did all the other launches come from? Actually, what are the new MMOs launching?

5 comments:

  1. We're in the very opposite of an mmo drought. I posted about it last week. I can't remember when there were so many new, interesting mmos in development and about to launch. Off the top of my head there's Crowfall, Swords of Legends Online, Palia, Elteria Adventures, Book of Travels, New World and Bless Unleashed, most of which are due to become playable and/or buyable over the summer. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have missed your post. I thought most of these were way out, like next year or later. I guess I'll take a look.

      Though, when you say playable, do you mean alphas/betas? Personally, I'm leaning more these days to only buying or getting involved with games on release.

      Delete
  2. There are so many MMO's running that I can possibly get to them, plus regular games that I cant keep up with. So many new ones that have me interested right alongside the ones that are not going to interest me. Its both a drought and the precipice of a flood. And the only thing I can think about is how much I want new stuff to do in WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true. I have content in FFXIV and SWTOR that I wouldn't mind seeing.

      Delete
  3. Crowfall is such a weird one. I was moderately excited when the Kickstarter went on, but damn, that was 6? years ago...

    ReplyDelete