Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Loot!

Loot always seems to come in waves for me. I go a long time without seeing anything, and then I get lots of stuff at once.

This past weekend, I picked up:

[Zandalar Freethinker's Belt] - ZG
[Hand of Edward the Odd] - AQ20
Holy Light: Rank IX - AQ20
[The Immovable Object] from AV

Pretty good haul for one weekend. Makes up for the last couple months. The Hand of Edward the Odd is pretty interesting. It's almost a perfect weapon for my playstyle. It's fast, has decent DPS, good caster stats, and makes some of your heals instant cast. I've enchanted it with Crusader and it is a great deal of fun.

It actually makes me want to respec back to Protection. I'll probably stay the same until the next patch though, and the free respec. It's interesting that Blizzard is releasing the new talents before the expansion. I wasn't really expecting that. I was expecting the new honor system and such, but I didn't think they would release the talents separately from the increase in the level cap.

Ah well, the cynical among us can look upon it as an extra month of intensive beta-testing.

Edit: Heh, I forgot the one item I actually spent DKP on: Onyxia's Head. I got it more for the quest and getting to hang the Head up in the Stormwind Gates. But it did get me a [Dragonslayer's Signet].

4 comments:

  1. Ah well, the cynical among us can look upon it as an extra month of intensive beta-testing.

    For the less cynical, look at it as a bonus to those who just can't wait for the expansion... or on the other hand, as a way to give a little of the extra new content even to those who won't be buying the expansion.

    Always look on the bright side of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on the loot!
    Seems like ages since I've had an upgrade.
    (And boy could I use a weapon!)

    Anyone seen anything concrete about the rumored patch?
    I tried to track it down yesterday and it seems to be shrouded in a cloud of confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratz on the phat loot! And a Crusader to boot! w00t! Over and oot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solidstate, I'm pretty sure that people who didn't buy the expansion would get the new talents. Maintaining two different sets of talents for each class, some which have the same talents but with different effects, would just be insanity.

    So I fully expected everyone to have access to the new talents. I just didn't expect the new talents to come before the expansion.

    ReplyDelete