So Ensidia claimed the world-first kill of Arthas, but were then hit with a 72-hour ban and had their kill and titles revoked.
I admit that, like Tobold and Larisa, when I first heard the story I was a bit sympathetic to Ensidia. Their story was that a rogue using Saronite Bombs as part of his regular rotation happened to make part of the encounter easier.
However, now I think it's likely that the ban was completely deserved. Apparently, what happened was something like:
- The Lich King destroys part of the platform during the fight.
- Valkyrs come and snatch raid members. They have to be DPSed down before they reach the edge or they drop the person to their doom.
- Saronite Bombs are bugged and apparently rebuilt part of the platform.
- Ensidia apparently sent the Saronite rogue to deliberately rebuild the outer edges of the platform where the val'kyrs drop people.
- Ensidia ignored the val'kyrs when they appeared, focusing DPS on the Lich King.
- The val'kyrs dropped the people, but they landed on the rebuilt platform safely, and rejoined the fight.
That's textbook "exploiting a bug to avoid part of the fight". Thus, Ensidia fully deserves their ban.