Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Gaming Updates

I thought I'd make a quick post about what I'm doing in various games.

The Old Republic

I took a fourth character, my Trooper, to 60. As well, in preparation for Fallen Empire, I've been trying to cap out my companions' affection and stories.

In operations, my group managed to kill Underlurker, making us 5/10 HM. We've killed him three times so far, but it's still pretty sketchy, and we haven't been able to get time on the next boss. The big issue is that we are continually missing one or two people each week and have to get a PuG.

As for the rest, it looks like the rest of the guild outside our 8-man group has disappeared. I'm not sure what we'll do about that.

Final Fantasy XIV

The issue I'm having in FFXIV is that I don't really have a new goal to concentrate on. My main class, paladin, is pretty much done unless I want to venture into the harder content, Extremes or Alexander. But at that level it does require some work in finding decent groups or a static team.

So I'm desultorily levelling Miner, White Mage, Monk, and Mechanist. I'm just bouncing between them with no real enthusiasm.

Others

I'm not really playing anything else. I did reinstall WoW, intending to at least get flying in Draenor, and see the new raid. But I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks. I think I'm just going to quit until the expansion.

I also reinstalled Diablo 3 to see the new patch. I got Kanai's Cube, but I don't really have any use for it. It seems to be aimed at the people who are more advanced in the D3 endgame than I am. I am only at Paragon 100 or so.

3 comments:

  1. "I got Kanai's Cube, but I don't really have any use for it."

    You can convert rare items to random legendaries, if you do that enough you can gear up your character very nicely.
    You can extract powers from legendaries that you have (after farming the mats from bounty caches) which depending on which power you extract and equip can greatly boost your character power or just provide extra utility.
    You can put in a Puzzle Ring and get a portal to The Vault. That's especially nice for a fresh or lower level char who still maybe does not have a lot of gold or gems.

    Personally I think Kanai's Cube is just as relevant at P1 as it is at P1000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of meant that I don't really have any use for it "at the moment". I don't have any excess legendaries in my stash to strip powers from.

      Also, I thought about farming bounties, but it seemed like a lot of effort. Realistically, I should just bite the bullet and go farming, but I don't feel very enthusiastic about that plan.

      Delete
  2. Grats on your Underlurker achievement!

    ReplyDelete