Monday, September 26, 2016

World Quest Group Finder

Yeah, I know, I haven't posted for a while. I fell out of the habit, I guess.

I've been playing Legion a fair bit though. I'm a bit behind the curve, only ilvl 825 or so. I haven't stepped into Mythics or raids yet, though I've been looking for a guild on Lightbringer. So far everyone seems full up on Holy paladins, sadly.

In any case, I'm using a new addon, World Quest Group Finder, that's really nice.

It allows you to automatically make or join groups that are doing the same World Quest as you are. It's pretty nice, making grouping for world quests a lot easier. Now, you can do all the world quests solo, and kill credit is usually shared, but having an actual group is pleasant, and useful for sharing credit for other objectives. Especially as I am often questing as Holy, so I get to feel more useful with heals.

It's pretty smooth and pretty automatic. When you enter a World Quest area, the addon will automatically ask if you want to join a group. If you do, it's pretty much automatic from that point, searching the group finder or adding you to it. In fact, if you look at quest group finder right now, you'll probably see a few groups created by WQGF users.

It's a really nice tool for making questing a bit faster and a bit less lonely than pure soloing.

4 comments:

  1. While I'm not on Lightbringer, my guild raids with a few other guilds and you are welcome to come along. We raid Tues and Fri, EST 9:30pm. Whisper me if you are interested: Unpax on Stormrage. I've read your blog for years now so I know you'll be good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. The time is a touch early for me, but maybe if I'm still having trouble finding a guild, I'll take you up on the offer.

      Though to be honest, I really do want to be in a proper guild again.

      Delete
    2. I'd suggest transferring for our guild, but honestly its only about 8 active people anymore. We have enough to do the mythic dungeon runs, but our diminishing size is why we raid with other guilds now. We'll probably finish normal mode for the first time this week and then test the waters of hard mode while clearing normal for awhile. Anyway, we'd love to have you along.

      Delete
  2. How do you like the paladin changes? I'm not a fan personally - I've been playing a warrior instead.

    ReplyDelete