Thursday, January 12, 2017

Updates

Since I don't seem to be doing well at actually writing posts, here's a round-up of what I've been doing gaming-wise.

World of Warcraft

My paladin has gotten the 35th point in The Silver Hand, and I'm at 34 in The Ashbringer. I've done all the Suramar quests, and am pretty much ready for 7.2.

I have a Horde warrior at 110, and have finished the class order campaign. However, I haven't done much else with it.  I also levelled a Demon Hunter to 110, but that character hasn't even finished the class order campaign.

FFXIV

This is pretty much dormant, waiting for the next patch. The interesting thing here is that I haven't done the second 24-man raid, or the 2nd and 3rd 8-man raid. I play a tank, and I seem to have concluded that those pieces of content are too complicated for me, for some reason.

Diablo 3

I started a Demon Hunter in Season 9. Really, I did this because my 70 Crusader has the same name as my current 70 Demon Hunter, and I want a Demon Hunter with a different name. I'm not sure if this character will make it to 70, though.

Pillars of Eternity

I made it to Act 3, and I just can't seem to push myself further. Maybe I'll spin this out into a full post.

The basic problem I'm having is that I don't like anyone in this world, so I have no real impulse to keep going. It's kind of like my attitude to Game of Thrones: if you kill all the characters I care about, I'm left with a book full of characters I don't care about, and that rapidly becomes a book I stop reading.

4 comments:

  1. I'm mostly with you on not actually liking the party NPCs in PoE. However, I did love Durance a lot. The sarcastic wizard whose name I can't remember also wasn't bad, but Durance was awesome. For what it's worth, the party NPCs in Tyranny were much better, I basically loved them all. Tyranny on the whole was amazing, and I'm working my way through a second playthrough right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like the party NPCs. But I don't like everyone else in the world. And you don't seem to be able to actually accomplish anything for those NPCs, so I find it very frustrating.

      As for Tyranny, that was part of the reason for me going back to PoE. I wanted to finish that first. But now, I'm debating whether to even bother getting Tyranny given that I can't seem to make myself finish PoE.

      Delete
  2. You may not be writing much, but some of us are still kicking around from the old WoW days for when you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Glad to see you're still enjoying this site.

      Delete