Wednesday, January 24, 2007

TBC First Impressions

I haven't really had a great deal of playtime with the Burning Crusade. I've mostly been wandering in the Hellfire Peninsula with my warlock doing the initial quests with a friend.

I've respecced Coriel to Protection. It's a really nice spec, and I've always been a fan of Holy Shield and going sword-and-board. One interesting side-effect is that you can get a great deal of mana regen with the new Reckoning. Fast weapon + Seal of Wisdom + Judgement of Wisdom and wait for Reckoning to proc. So much mana! Reminds me of the good old Seal of Fury days.

The loot in TBC is pretty good. I really like how the first few quests are "replace all your gear" quests, so that everyone gets bumped up to a nice starting level gear-wise. I've even replaced half of Coriel's gear. It's quite amusing to replace epics with greens.

The TBC gear is much better suited for paladins than anything short of Judgement. Point-wise, it's possibly a small downgrade, but the allocation of stats is so much better. Strength, Intellect, Stamina, Spell Damage, and Mana Regen is a glorious combination.

Other than that the expansion looks pretty neat. It's nice to get back into the questing mood. I'm looking forward to trying out one of the new instances sometime.

As well, major props to Blizzard on pretty much a flawless launch. I had zero problems, even though I installed on Tuesday.

On a final note, I feel sorry for all the new human paladin NPCs. They have to wear Redemption, and they just look terrible. Seriously, how can you respect someone wearing Redemption? Meanwhile Arator the Redeemed gets to walk around in Judgement looking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment