Friday, August 29, 2008

WotLK Beta - New Aspect of the Viper

New Aspect of the Viper for Hunters:
Aspect of the Viper
The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, instantly regenerating mana equal to 100% of the damage done by any ranged attack or ability, but reduces your total damage done by 50%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.


It's sick. My hunter can go from empty to full mana in 5s with 50% damage and 2 GCDs. I should make a Viper/Hawk castsequence macro.

In other news, both Judgement of Wisdom and Judgements of the Wise were nerfed into the ground, pretty much eliminating Retribution mana regen. Hopefully, Blizzard has something similar to the new Aspect of the Viper up their sleeves.

5 comments:

  1. I guess you've read that they've also neutered JoW/SoW so they restore a flat amount of maximum mana on proc rather than a scaling dependent on AP/SP.

    This is a pretty big turn around from how stoked Paladins (or Ret Paladins) were just a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zebra:
    Yeah, this is why I decided to level a Death Knight in Beta instead of my existing characters. If I'm going to go from stoked with a class to very disappointed because it isn't as good as it was earlier in Beta, I would rather it be a class that I haven't invested the time to level on a live server.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say for sure Judgement of Wisdom only now return about 2% of total mana.

    Absolutely Huge Beta nerf.

    And as Protec I can tell you for sure though BoS as of the new patch works well it seem when its being used we are right back to having huge mana issues with JoW not returning enough mana.

    This is just about stupid the change. Not only that Seal damage have been nerfed it seems as well, require more testing though but doing way less damage than before in the last patch.

    I'm usually very optimistic, but that optimism is going straight out the window with the long shaft the class seems to be getting as well as each spec of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may as well call them Neuterdins.

    ~tenmohican

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only reason I'll level my paladin at this point is that I'll need a miner. My hunter will feed green drops to my pally so he has something to wear, but that's about it.

    I'm really, really disgusted with Ret now, it's actually worse than live. Sure we have damage, but 3 bursts and you have to go drink. F that.

    And my guild really doesn't need more tanks, so, there's not much reason for prot either.

    ReplyDelete