Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Back!

April 1st is probably not the most auspicious day to resume blogging. But whatever. I missed writing a lot actually, rather more than I expected to.

I did join Twitter, but 140 chars is pointless. You can't say anything interesting. Details matter.

My other project didn't really work out. Work got unexpectedly crazy right after the new year, so I spent much of my time there. I just ended up playing games again when I got back from work. Perhaps I'll try again in a little while.

What I'm currently playing:

The Old Republic

A rash of absences caused my raid team to miss several days. That in turn pushed several people to retire. We're trying to recover, and merged with another guild team which went through much the same thing. But we're still on the edge of viability. We're trying to recruit, but I'm not sure I hold out much hope.

Final Fantasy XIV

I finally got my relic weapon. It took me effectively two months of trying to beat Titan (Hard Mode), though I started near the end of November. Of course, this was because I was signing up in Duty Finder. I would sign up once a day, fail, and then go do something else. I finally ended up in a pre-made group that was able to down him.

It's interesting, because in some respects that experience has broken me in the game. I have not even tried the fights after that (King Moogle, Ultima Hard, Coil). I think about signing up, but then I go and do random other stuff in the game.

Right now, I'm basically leveling other classes and doing other easy content like dailies.

Diablo III

I'm currently playing through Reaper of Souls. I started a Crusader when RoS launched and have finally got her to Act V, where I'm a little ways in. I rather like the Crusader and RoS, and will probably write a full post on it soon.

I'm actually leveling her using my D3 ability challenge, where I am always using the latest ability and rune to be acquired. I'm only playing on Hard, but it's been an interesting experience. Every level requires you to adjust tactics slightly, and you get a good feel for all the abilities. (I groan whenever I see a Smite rune come up.)

Conclusions

It's good to be writing again. I hope to write several posts in the near future, rehashing all the controversies that I missed.

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back :)

    I felt the same about Smite at first, but when i got it's 2nd rune (the one with the little explosions, might be the first) It became my favourite primary until i got the Crack rune of Justice (MANY HAMMERS - HANDLE IT)

    I love abilities that give me a bit of range, and can do damage to lots of things at once.

    Crusader has become my favourite class now (not surprising since the Paladin was my class in D2, and they have a few similarities in mechanics and ethos) I love being able to wield a 2 handed weapon in one hand. It's absolutely brutal.

    Good to see you writing again - also. Am I the only person who read the line "It's good to write again" In Blacksmith Haedrig Aemon's voice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how things were going for you, since I still saw you making comments about gaming on Twitter.

    Good to have you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Shintar - welcome back! ;)

    The nice thing about this blogosphere is, as long as you don't do anything silly like deleting your blog, people will always be here when you return. business as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!
    That's all I have to say.

    Well, obviously not at your project not working out, but... you know. Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three months... not a bad break.

    As I said somewhere else, at this point I don't write because I want to, I write because I have to.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your other thing didn't work out, but welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To echo what some others have said, I suspected that you would be back because if nothing else once you get blog writing in the blood it's tough to give up.

    Sorry the other project didn't work out, but very glad you're here again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fear I'll be the broken record amongst these but I am glad you're back! Sad to hear your other venture did not work, but maybe in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!

    I use your blogroll a lot, so I tend to visit your site at least once a day anyway, but it'll be great to see some of your thoughts again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait...

    Who are you, and what have you done with Rohan??!!!

    Seriously, it's good to see you back. I can now move a blog from the mothballs section for an awesome reason for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your other project. As a software developer myself, I can completely empathize with work going crazy and having 0 mental energy for anything like personal projects leftover.

    I am not sorry, however, to see you return! Looking forward to your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I thought this blog looked different.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are back! lol- and I just recently removed you from my blogroll... lol

    ReplyDelete