Monday, August 12, 2024

Dragonflight Catch-Up: Patch 10.1

I've been going through the Dragonflight story quests for each patch. Since WoW throws all the quests at you once you hit max level, it's very easy to do them out of order. I've been following this guide on Reddit.

So far, I've done the 10.1 quests, which focused mainly on the Black and Blue dragonflights. I quite liked both of them. For the Black dragonflight, I liked the triad of Ebyssian, Sabellian, and Wrathion. I thought their story was well done. It's pretty rare for WoW to focus on the flaws of the heroes in this fashion, and it was a nice change of pace. Compare it to the Blue dragons, where all the dragons had quirks, but no real flaws as such (well, maybe Azuregos).

The Blue dragonflight were also good, but very different in tone. I liked that Blizzard used the old world and history, taking players back to previously-visited locations.

All in all, the 10.1 quests were quite good and interesting. I'm looking forward to the next set of quests, which look to be focused on the Bronze and Green flights.

4 comments:

  1. For curiosity's sake, when Cata came along did they generate one single version of Azuregos as opposed to the ghost and real versions in Vanilla through Wrath?

    I understand the in-game reason why they did this, given that raid teams would kill Azuregos with regularity when he spawned so that people with an actual need to talk to him were kind of out of luck. Hence the multiple versions of Azuregos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember anything about Azuregos. I thought he was dead, and was quite surprised when he popped up in this quest!

      Delete
  2. From what I remember, he no longer wandered in Cata as a world buss, but became an NPC that's part of a Horde quest chain that had him starting in the spirit realm since he fell in love with a spirit healer, but then you pull him out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a look at the quest link, and now I vaguely remember doing that. Since it's Horde, I've probably only done it once long ago.

      Delete