Monday, September 23, 2024

Raiding Plans, Ner'ubar Palace

I've been enjoying The War Within so far. There's a nice mix of weekly activities in each of the different zones.

I've also joined a potential raid group from another guild we raid with. My guild is basically in a three-guild community with one main raid, and now a second raid. I've joined the second raid, who are pretty casual, but we did the time walking Black Temple. It was pretty fun. I also got [Ashes of Al'ar] from the quest reward! The second night we did Mythic dungeons. We did a couple of +2s, missing the timer by a little bit on each. Next week we're supposed to start raiding Ner'ubar Palace.

I actually went on a Normal Ner'ubar Palace alt raid with guild community. It's a pretty interesting dungeon with some good fights. The council fight is a little difficult, possible a little too much damage for our item level. One interesting thing is that it has a couple mechanics which I associate with FFXIV, mainly the zone getting divided up and having to move into a section where the mechanic just happened.

Queen Ansurek was a very interesting fight, with an emphasis on involuntary movement that I don't recall seeing before. There's a bomb, and the raid stands next to it. Ansurek sends out a circular wave of poison from her location. As the wave approaches the raid, someone triggers the bomb, and the blast knocks the raid over the wave and safely next to the boss. There's a couple other similar mechanics in the fight.

All in all, it was a good raid. It will be interesting to see on Heroic. I also got a Warbound Tier piece, which looks to be of Raid Finder item level. A pretty interesting drop, though it would have been more exciting if I actually had alts, let alone of the correct classes.

The only other interesting note from this past week is that you can do the dungeon weekly in a Follower dungeon. This makes it a very chill experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment