Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Housecleaning

I've upgraded to Blogger's new templates. As part of this upgrade I've decided to drop the pseudonym "GSH" and simply use my real name when signing posts. I'm not really sure why I'm doing this. To be honest, the double layer of indirection (Coriel -> GSH -> Rohan) was getting a bit weird, especially when responding to emails.

I'm totally fine with signing a blog post or a forum message anonymously, but it somehow seems wrong to sign an email as GSH. It may be the fact that a blog or forum post is a one-to-many relationship, while an email is one-to-one.

Since I'm using my real name now, I figure I might as well use a more real email address as well. It'll save me the trouble of actually remembering to check the one I made specifically for this website.

Other than that, the upgrade broke my essential posts section, so I'll have to rebuild that. It doesn't look like I'll be able to easily do it in a nice compact form for the various series of posts.

If you notice anything that has changed for the worse, or is missing, please post a comment and I'll try to fix it.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a good chance for me to compliment you on a solid Blog. I’m not sure if you put your thoughts down online for your own retrospection or in a bid to contribute to others but I know as a WoW fan and a keen Paladin I enjoy your coverage of the class and overall game in general.

    I’ve always wondered what the GSH stood for and assumed it to be your real name initials. I’ve only been reading for 6 or so months so I guess I missed the explanation if there ever was one. Can you shed any light give the initials assumption seems to be off?

    Thanks on a good well formatted Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding a link to my blog!

    Now how do i get people to reply to my messages!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rohan, I'm still reading your blog even tho I quit playing WoW over a year ago! Always an interesting read...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *looks around*

    So um...it looks the same. That's cool. :P

    I was always just calling you Coriel (as I think you'd noticed) as I didn't know what GSH meant or was for...Rohan it be from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words. I don't really mind being called Coriel or GSH. They're pointers to me, after all. I'm switching to a real name to simplify things from my end.

    As for GSH, it actually stands for "Giant Space Hamster". I needed an alias when playing First-Person Shooters, and I found messages like "You have been killed by Giant Space Hamster" to be terribly amusing. It's also a somewhat uncommon alias, meaning that it's usually unused and free for me to take. So I tend to use Giant Space Hamster, GSHamster, or GSH whenever I need an alias online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rohan? What's the ethnic background on that one? I'm Roman, which is slavic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me that's a Spelljammer reference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm East Indian by ethnic heritage, though I'm a Canadian citizen now.

    Giant Space Hamster is sort of a Spelljammer reference. I took it from the TSR cardgame Spellfire.

    ReplyDelete