Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WotLK Beta - Judgements II

Here's a quick way to sum up the new Judgement system:

Debuff comes from the Judgement; Damage comes from the Seal.

I actually really like the new system. It's really intuitive once you start playing with it. It makes Seals and Judgements more central to the paladin experience.

You get the benefit of JoL/W without having to sacrifice extra damage. You get an initial burst of Holy damage at the start of the fight. You can switch the debuff you have on the target quite easily.

Pretty much everything scales with both Attack Power and Spell Power. (I think Seal of Blood is the only thing that does not--it is AP-only.) It's great to see your Judgement debuffs become more powerful as your gear improves.

Heh, the only problem is that I keep forgetting to cast a new Seal after 30s. I'm so used to casting immediately after the Judgement, or macro'ing the Seal to the Judgement.

I've been doing a bit of work determining the new coefficients for the Seals and Judgements. They're buried in the thread on EJ, if anyone is interested. I just have to figure out how Command and Blood work, and I'll post a summary.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of the major changes I was hoping to see come to the paladins in Wrath, and I'm hoping it stays. Thanks for reporting on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why they don't make seals semi-permanent buffs like a shaman's weapon imbues. They can increase the mana cost if necessary for balance, but it just seems really clunky to me to have to refresh it every 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work fleshing out all of these mechanics. Keep up the good work!

    You make Skywall proud. = D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to for once not being confused by my class when an expansion comes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete