WotLK is revamping the Seal and Judgement system. Here's an overview of Judgements.
There are three Judgement spells: Judgement of Light, Judgement of Wisdom and Judgment of Justice.
Casting a Judgement
- costs 5% of base mana (your mana without any gear)
- does not invoke a Global Cooldown
- requires an active Seal
- does not consume the active Seal!
Casting a Judgement has 2 effects:
1. Puts a debuff on the target. The exact debuff depends on which Judgement you cast. Casting Judgement of Light puts the Light debuff, JoW puts the Wisdom debuff, and JoJ puts the Justice debuff. Judgements last for 20s, but can be refreshed with your melee hits, or any Paladin's Crusader Strike.
2. Unleashes the active Seal for some Holy damage. The amount of damage depends on the active Seal. All Seals, including Seal of Light/Wisdom/Justice, do damage when unleashed. This effect does double damage on a critical strike for all active Seals. This effect does not consume the active Seal!
The Judgement of Justice debuff prevents NPCs from fleeing and prevents the target from increasing her speed beyond 100%.
The Judgement of Light and Wisdom debuffs have a chance to return health and mana, respectively, when an attacker strikes the target. The amount of health or mana returned depends on the paladin's Attack Power and Spell Power.
JoL: Health gained per proc = 18% * AP + 18% * SP
JoW: Mana gained per proc = 9% * AP + 9% * SP
In a group, the amount of health or mana gained depends on the stats of the Paladin who cast the Judgement.
Still to be determined:
- How refreshing debuffs with Crusader Strike interacts with health/mana values from JoL/JoW
- How changing stats in the middle of a fight (from temporary buffs or debuffs) affects JoL/JoW