Thursday, February 23, 2006

First time in Molten Core

I joined a raiding guild on Eitrigg last week. Over the weekend we went to Zul'Gurub and killed Venoxsis (Snake) and Jeklik (Bat). They later killed Broodlord Mandokir, though I did not attend that raid. Today we went to Molten Core for the first time. We killed Lucifron and Magmadar, and then called it a night.

We wiped twice, once on a Core Hound pack, before we really understood the strategy behind them, and once on Magmadar, when a druid accidentally held down the forward key and charged him.

I didn't get any loot, though some good blues and epics dropped. Ah well, I'm accumulating DKP, so I'll eventually get some.

I like ZG more than Molten Core so far. The colour scheme in MC is very drab, all reds and browns. As well, the fights in ZG just seem so much cooler, much more puzzle-like and complicated. It could also be that I had twice as many health bars covering my screen, so I didn't actually get to see much of the event. To be honest, I'm not really sure what Lucifron even looks like.

Raiding as a paladin, well, it kind of sucks in some ways, actually. Every fiber of my being calls for me to be in the front lines, swinging my hammer. Instead, I'm standing at range, spamming Flash of Light and cleansing. Joy. Important jobs, I'll grant, but not what I made this character to do. There is a great sense of satisfaction in working as a team, though. All parts working together, executing well, and accomplishing a large goal as a group.

Still, the best part of the raid was when Magmadar dropped to 10%, and our Paladin captain ordered us to fling Hammers of Wrath at the big dog. Ahh, Hammer of Wrath. Still the best change to the paladin class ever!

1 comment:

  1. Gratz on MC. I like your frustration about pally roles in raids only because that was exactly what I was warned against when I was deciding what class to start with. I will for sure level out my hunter, warlock, and newly created priest because I like their roles in raids.

    ReplyDelete