Friday, March 03, 2006

Upcoming Dungeon Changes

Heh, the day after I post about raiding the 5-man instances, Blizzard puts up the test patch notes for 1.10. Of special interest is the following:

Along with the new Armor Sets, the high-level 5-10 man dungeons have received some changes regarding loot. Many items have been improved in quality and use. In addition, several epic items, such as Headmaster's Charge and the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare, have had their drop rates significantly increased. In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten. [Emphasis mine]


Good work, Blizzard. With this move, Blizzard corrected a huge mistake, and made end game a whole lot more appealing. I seriously doubted that Blizzard would make such a big change with the expansion coming in a few months. I am really glad to see I was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just wanted to say that I like your blog! I have a lvl 60 pally also, and share many of your concerns and thoughts about our class.

    Despite all the complaints and frustration I keep on playing my Pally for some reason. Even though I don't excel at healing, or tanking or dps specifically, I still feel like I am a important contributor to raid/group successes.

    ReplyDelete