- I am really unsure how successful Classic will be. Sometimes I think it will do well, but then I see three groups going "LF Tank for DM" in Westfall chat, and I become more sceptical.
- One group even offered to pay the tank 15 silver. It's been years since I've seen that. Also, it is amusing how 15 silver is a valuable reward in Classic.
- I made a whole bunch of alts and tried the various classes up to level 7 or so. Paladin is the most boring, all the other classes are reasonable.
- Rogue is the one class which feels the most similar to modern classes, and you can see how many classes have become more like the Rogue over time.
- I think the best way to play Classic is to be super-aggressive about grouping. Someone is in the same area as you doing the same quest? Send them an invite, do the quest, and then say good bye.
- This is especially important for paladins. Add a single group member and game-play smooths out and efficiency spikes.
- In some ways, I think Classic levelling is a better game than Live when in a group, but a significantly worse game when solo. When you're in a group in Classic, even at very low levels, there is a noticeable feeling of the group being stronger than the sum of its parts.
- The question then becomes how easy is it to get a group while levelling.
Monday, May 27, 2019
Classic Thoughts From The Weekend
More observations and thoughts on WoW Classic, from the Beta: