Thursday, November 27, 2008

Warhammer Online: Contribution Shocker!

According to Wizards & Wenches, Warhammer players have figured out how contribution in public quests and keep sieges is measured:
Now we know how contribution is calculated. It’s so shockingly simple, so obvious we wonder why we didn’t figure it out a long time ago. It isn’t.

See, instead of actually measuring all the data players do during Public Quests to find out who contributes the most every player is making a roll when they enter a zone, and that roll is your contribution that appear. It doesn’t weight all your healing, all your damage, all your buffing, or everything that make you more worthy of a reward than a player standing AFK in a corner. It’s just random. The roll remains until you zone so you will get the same contribution in both Keeps unless you relog or someone with higher roll enters the PQ area.

Wow. Honestly, I'm speechless. What do you say to something like that? The evidence presented in threads on the discussion forums looks solid to me.

This is a blunder on par with Age of Conan's "females do less dps than males because their animations are slower" bug.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that certainly goes against everything they have been saying about how contribution works forever. I can't reach the source, since its blocked at work but I really wonder what the fallout of this is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that's a horrible, horrible implementation. Not only is it unfair (the same people get the best/worst reward constantly), but they had the audacity to actually say what you did mattered.

    Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it....I always felt it was wierd that sometimes I'd fall in on the top of the list, and others at the bottom for almost no reason what so ever. I'm guessing mythic put this in to save time and was planning on fixing it later....but later hasn't come yet. Although I stopped playing WAR because it sucked, this makes me wish I didn't give mythic money in the first place.....lying no for good swindlers if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... well at least now our bg afk-ers can go play warhammer without feeling disenfranchised :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I'm looking forward to is an official explanation from Mythic. It'll be like watching politicians backtrack.

    -Trito

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been writing "WoW" too much dude. The word is 'Wow'. The abreviation is 'WoW'. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not convinced that Wizards or anyone else has enough evidence to come to the conclusion that the loot system is based on a login or rezone roll. (I can't even tell if players mean a login or rezone roll. They are different.) I have experienced various rewards on tables in PQs without logging out or rezoning. ALL keeps require rezoning, unless you play the same keep over and over. This problem should be investigated more thoroughly before coming to any conclusions. If a player experiences it once, that is not enough evidence. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize a game at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earlier today I was in a warband that took two keeps in Praag. We were the only warband present, and everyone from the warband was present at both keeps with no one new coming for the second keep.

    At the first keep my contribution was 6th. At the second it wasn't sixth.

    If what was posted was correct, then I should have gotten the same contribution each time, and I didn't. I'm not saying the contribution system isn't odd, to say the least, but it doesn't seem to be randomly assigned when you enter a zone either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is this blogger's 'Bash Warhammer' day ? every blogger including tobold posted this unfounded rumors with no shred of real evidence.

    and why most of these bloggers are real life WoW fanboy ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spoken like a true anonymous posted.

    ..and I'd say there's more than a shred of real evidence and it's definitely not unfounded. It can't be proven accurate, but a few pieces of evidence aren't always enough to put someone in jail, either. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  11. To the Anonymous Poster from 11/30/2008, http://www.massively.com/2008/12/06/mythic-owns-up-to-warhammer-online-contribution-problem/

    ReplyDelete